Bike Anarchy Norway - BAN.

Forumet hvor det er lov å kalle en spade for en spade:-)

You are not connected. Please login or register

GTScheffers #10

Gå til side : 1, 2, 3  Next

Vis Forrige Tema Vis Neste Tema Go down  Innlegg [Side 1 av 3]

1 GTScheffers #10 on Tir 15 Jul 2014 - 22:34

Aye folks! Newby from Holland here. The reason that I am posting here is that I'll be moving to Norway (Bronnoysund) within a couple of months!  Laughing  I need help!! supplies, tips, bikes, contacts.... everything!

When i'm not busy with my girl (Norwegian), my kid (norwegian/dutch), my job as engineer, I like to build bikes. Lots of 'm.
I got a big network for materials, bikes, parts, help etc. in Holland. I'll have to start over when I come to norway! I'm bringing all my tools, lathe, welders, grinders etc. etc.

And the plann is to bring this project i'm working on now:

A Yamaha GTS1000.

More of my projects you can find on my facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scheffers/1472422452979437) page or www.roelscheffers.nl

I will be learling more and more Norwegian in the future, but hope you guys can help me out in the beginning in English on some basics..........

Greets!

Vis Medlemmets Profil

2 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tir 15 Jul 2014 - 23:30

Hi scheffers,welcome to this forum. It is not a very crowdy one,but we are friendly  Suspect 

And we do like pictures of projects like yours,so keep posting. Hope U find some of our own projects here worth looking into.

Language may be a challenge for U,but I'm sure U'll learn after some months in Norway.

Where in Holland are u from? I'm a sailor,been a few places in your country.

3 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tir 15 Jul 2014 - 23:35

Hi and welcome GTScheffers, I'm pretty sure that this community can help you out when moving to Norway. Here is a lot of good MC builders, with knowledge of how to find parts and other stuffs.

Vis Medlemmets Profil

4 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tir 15 Jul 2014 - 23:35

Thanks for the welcome! Yes the language should be OK in time :) ikke super difficult.

Will post some more pics of my projects in time :)
I'm from the South, currently living in Tilburg , have also lived in Eindhoven, Arnhem and some small village..

Vis Medlemmets Profil

5 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tir 15 Jul 2014 - 23:37

By the way, nice bike you are building.

Vis Medlemmets Profil

6 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Ons 16 Jul 2014 - 5:51

Hi and welcome!

Norwgian bikebuliders are few and far between, but they are here, you just need to know where to look.. :-)

I know a few builders, who swear to build by the old british tradition of Reynolds tubing and braze welding. From the pic, I'd guess you are more inot metal shaping and machinework? I know a couple of metalshapers as well, I hope I can be able to help out in the future.
-That is what we are here for!  Cool 

Forgot to mention that most of my contacts are in or around Oslo, Brønnøysund is pretty far from everyhing?  clown 

-You will be needing the internett...

Vis Medlemmets Profil

7 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Ons 16 Jul 2014 - 8:10

Trollerud skrev:Hi and welcome!

Norwgian bikebuliders are few and far between, but they are here, you just need to know where to look..  :-)

I know a few builders, who swear to build by the old british tradition of Reynolds tubing and braze welding. From the pic, I'd guess you are more inot metal shaping and machinework? I know a couple of metalshapers as well, I hope I can be able to help out in the future.
-That is what we are here for!   Cool 

Forgot to mention that most of my contacts are in or around Oslo, Brønnøysund is pretty far from everyhing?   clown 

-You will be needing the internett...

Thanks!

The house we're going to live is even more deserted, it's near the Sausvatnet lake :)

What I'm "worried" about most is getting supplies, such as a aluminium sheets, steel tubes, aluminium rods/plates/blocks.. and welding gass (MIG/MAG and TIG, need it both actually) anyone a hint on that?

Vis Medlemmets Profil

8 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Ons 16 Jul 2014 - 8:47

I would advise you to get in contact with Dag Sinclair Rise. He lives i Bergen and is well and truly struck by the dicease of bikebuilding. He has a lot of contacts.

Dag on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dagsinclair.riise

Dag will be one of the best startingpoints you can find.. :-)

Vis Medlemmets Profil

9 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Ons 16 Jul 2014 - 8:48

Trollerud skrev:I would advise you to get in contact with Dag Sinclair Rise. He lives i Bergen and is well and truly struck by the dicease of bikebuilding. He has a lot of contacts.

Dag on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/dagsinclair.riise

Dag will be one of the best startingpoints you can find..   :-)

I love you 

Vis Medlemmets Profil

10 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Ons 16 Jul 2014 - 13:21

Welcome scheffers!  Very Happy 
The GTS-project looks great, looking forward to see more pictures here of the progress. This is a small forum, but there are people here with a lot of knowledge, who I am sure will help you the best they can.

Vis Medlemmets Profil

11 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Ons 16 Jul 2014 - 14:52

scheffers skrev:

What I'm "worried" about most is getting supplies, such as a aluminium sheets, steel tubes, aluminium rods/plates/blocks.. and welding gass (MIG/MAG and TIG, need it both actually) anyone a hint on that?

whithout knowing ... I would guess there  should not be a problem getting your materials in Brønnøysund.
Try this:
http://www.helgeland-industrier.no/ipub/pages/mekanisk.php[/quote]

Vis Medlemmets Profil

12 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Ons 16 Jul 2014 - 14:59

jhn skrev:
scheffers skrev:

whithout knowing ... I would guess there  should not be a problem getting your materials in Brønnøysund.
Try this:
http://www.helgeland-industrier.no/ipub/pages/mekanisk.php
[/quote]

Most helpful!!
I found a lot of links / company's already, but not this one! Muchos Gracias!  cheers 

Vis Medlemmets Profil

13 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Ons 16 Jul 2014 - 18:00

scheffers skrev:
The house we're going to live is even more deserted, it's near the Sausvatnet lake :)

She must be good-looking,making U move to a place like that  clown  Bring your fishing-rods,salmo swims in that lake

14 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tor 17 Jul 2014 - 15:03

Hi Scheffers
First of all I will wish you welcome. Gas to yours welding equipment can you buy here on this address, and opening time, they are AGA dealers.

TTS Bil og Dekksenter AS
Industriveien 11, 8905 BRØNNØYSUND
Tel: + 47 75 01 81 70
Åpningstider:
Man-Fre: 07:00-15:00

If you will bring your bike to Norway as a part of yours moving I would advice to check out what kind of documents you need on the Norwegian custom
http://www.toll.no/default.aspx?id=3&epslanguage=en
I think you gonna got it here for free tax but check in front because they are very rigid here.
And of course more pics of yours project Very Happy 
Since you are moving to a place many of us haven’t heard about I can say that is a area whit good biker roads and beautiful views at least.

Vis Medlemmets Profil

15 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Man 21 Jul 2014 - 10:44

custom skrev:Hi Scheffers
First of all I will wish you welcome. Gas to yours welding equipment can you buy here on this address, and opening time, they are AGA dealers.

TTS Bil og Dekksenter AS
Industriveien 11, 8905 BRØNNØYSUND
Tel: + 47 75 01 81 70
Åpningstider:
Man-Fre: 07:00-15:00

If you will bring your bike to Norway as a part of yours moving I would advice to check out what kind of documents you need on the Norwegian custom
http://www.toll.no/default.aspx?id=3&epslanguage=en
I think you gonna got it here for free tax but check in front because they are very rigid here.
And of course more pics of yours project Very Happy 
Since you are moving to a place many of us haven’t heard about I can say that is a area whit good biker roads and beautiful views at least.

Thanks Custom! I found out the toll indeed. (my transporter was quite sure that we could the bike for free in Norway if it is in parts, at least than I can build!) But not sure how it goes with getting the bike on the road in Norway. But also getting it on the road is not the most important issue. building > biking here Wink

I found "TTS Bil og Dekksenter AS" earlier :). Will ask around in my girl's family if someone knows the company, but will also contact them myself later :)

Thanks thanks!

Vis Medlemmets Profil

16 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Lør 11 Okt 2014 - 9:27

NL house is sold! in januari we will move to norway! got a nice house there with garage in the basement  Very Happy
hope to get de GTS done before we move....... Rolling Eyes

Vis Medlemmets Profil

17 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Man 13 Okt 2014 - 19:36

Nice prosject! Someone allready posted pics of this bike on Facebook, your work is brilliant! Very Happy

Vis Medlemmets Profil

18 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Søn 1 Feb 2015 - 12:37

it has been done. end of december we've moved to Nordland.. been busy in the workshop this month, setting it up! and making new parts already!

Now i'm looking for webshops with user materials, spray-cans paint, bolts, screws etc... can someone push me in the right direction?

Vis Medlemmets Profil

19 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Søn 1 Feb 2015 - 14:43

Welcome back, Scheffers! Looks like you have a great workshop up and running allready.

As I live in Oslo, I buy everything I need locally. This may not be so easy in Brønnøysund...

Some links to shops that I can recall at the moment:

Consumers market:
www.biltema.no
www.gasolin.no
www.verktygsboden.se
www.clasohlson.com

Professional market:
www.tingstad.no
www.wuerth.no
www.tess.no
www.tools.no

Vis Medlemmets Profil

20 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tir 3 Feb 2015 - 10:43

Thanks!

Vis Medlemmets Profil

21 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tor 17 Sep 2015 - 19:38

Lots of progress !! Jobber masse pa GTS, har kjopt et Norsk GTS1000...! ogsa har e kjopt en GT750 prosjektsykkel!

Vis Medlemmets Profil

22 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tor 17 Sep 2015 - 19:39

Vis Medlemmets Profil

23 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tor 17 Sep 2015 - 19:41

Vis Medlemmets Profil

24 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tor 17 Sep 2015 - 19:50

Heeyy!

Long time, no see.

Ser du skriver litt norsk nå, godt jobba. Godt jobba med motorsyklene også cheers

25 Re: GTScheffers #10 on Tor 17 Sep 2015 - 19:58

Dette må jo kvalifisere til kunstnerlønn ! Skikkelig brukskunst. Dette er noe annet enn jordbærmusa hass Sand...

Vis Medlemmets Profil

Vis Forrige Tema Vis Neste Tema Til Toppen  Innlegg [Side 1 av 3]

Gå til side : 1, 2, 3  Next